File number: 65291
Sign in to comment.
By Sophia El Hamichi, MD
Murray Ocular Oncology and Retina
Co-author(s): Timothy G Murray, MD, Murray Ocular Oncology and Retina; Audina M Berrocal, MD, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute
- Uploaded on Oct 13, 2020.
- Last modified by Caroline Bozell on Oct 15, 2020.
- Appears in
- Retina and Choroid
- pars plana vitrectomy (PPV), post-op, proliferative vitreoretinopathy (PVR), tractional retinal detachment, proliferative diabetic retinopathy (PDR)
- Belinda Rodriguez, Murray Ocular Oncology and Retina, Miami
- Imaging device
- Fundus camera
- A 29-year-old female with a history of diabetes mellitus type 1, presented with proliferative diabetic retinopathy OU and tractional retinal detachment OD. The patient underwent retinal detachment repair with pars plana vitrectomy, endolaser and silicone oil placement. After one month of her surgery, the patient presented with retinal fibrosis and tractions depicted in the image.