File number: 93530
Sign in to comment.
By NEIFFER RABELO
Co-author(s): Neiffer Nunes Rabelo and Denise Pardini Marinho - Retina Institute - Belo Horizonte - Brazil
- Uploaded on Apr 30, 2022.
- Last modified by Joshua Friedman on May 2, 2022.
- Appears in
- rubella retinopathy, retina surgery, dropped nucleus
- Rodrigo Dos Anjos Versiani - Retina Institute - Belo Horizonte - Brazil
- Imaging device
ZEISS OPMI LUMERA 700
- Intraoperative photograph of a 68-year-old patient with congenital rubella syndrome and light perception visual acuity since childhood. The image shows a pigmentary retinopathy and the lens spontaneously displaced into the vitreous cavity. The patient sought care complaining of a total and sporadic loss of vision that was hindering her in daily tasks. Surgery was indicated to remove the lens.