File number: 72524
Sign in to comment.
By Olivia Rainey
Retina Specialists of Michigan
Co-author(s): Gregory Bever, MD
- Uploaded on Jan 29, 2021.
- Last modified by Caroline Bozell on Jan 29, 2021.
- Appears in
- sickle cell retinopathy, fundus photograph, pseudocolor, sea fan, neovascularization (NV), neovascularization elsewhere (NVE), laser photocoagulation, Optos
- Olivia Rainey, OCT-C, COA
- Imaging device
- Ultra-widefield fundus photograph of a 24-year-old female with proliferative sickle cell retinopathy affecting her right eye. He performed scatter PRP OD on 12/2/2020 to nonperfusion in temporal far periphery. The patient's 12/2020 Hb electrophoresis came back showing Hb SC (rather than sickle cell trait). Patient was born at full term, but she reports that her mother used drugs while pregnant with the patient. The patient also mentioned that her niece has full sickle cell disease and her grandmother, mother, and sibling all have condition on the sickle cell spectrum.