File number: 65292
Sign in to comment.
By Sophia El Hamichi, MD
Murray Ocular Oncology and Retina
Co-author(s): Timothy G Murray, MD, Murray Ocular Oncology and Retina; Audina M Berrocal, MD, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute
- Uploaded on Oct 13, 2020.
- Last modified by Caroline Bozell on Oct 15, 2020.
- Appears in
- Retina and Choroid
- proliferative vitreoretinopathy (PVR), proliferative diabetic retinopathy (PDR), tractional retinal detachment, pars plana vitrectomy (PPV), optical coherence tomography (OCT)
- Belinda Rodriguez, Murray Ocular Oncology and Retina, Miami
- Imaging device
- Fundus camera
- A 29-year-old female with a history of diabetes mellitus type 1, presented with proliferative diabetic retinopathy OU and tractional retinal detachment OD. The patient underwent retinal detachment repair with pars plana vitrectomy, endolaser and silicone oil placement. After one month of her surgery, the patient presented with retinal fibrosis and traction. The image on the top shows the OCT of the fibrosis post op, that was not present in the pre op (OCT image on the bottom).