File number: 45626
Sign in to comment.
By MATTEO M FORLINI, MD
DOMUS NOVA HOSPITAL RAVENNA
Co-author(s): Alessandro Romani MD, Purva Date MD
- Uploaded on Jan 6, 2020.
- Last modified by Caroline Bozell on Jan 7, 2020.
- Appears in
- Retinal Detachment with Giant Retinal Tear
- giant retinal tear, full thickness macular hole, retinal detachment, silicone oil
- Matteo Forlini MD, San Marino Hospital, Republic of San Marino
- Imaging device
- Fundus camera
- A 61-year-old-male patient presented with sudden diminution of vision in the right eye due to retinal detachment with giant retinal tear and macular hole. Best corrected visual acuity (BCVA) at presentation was 20/200. A 23 G vitrectomy was performed. The edges of the tear were unrolled and complete retinal re-attachment under PFCL was achieved. A 360 degree intraoperative endolaser was performed on the peripheral retina as well as around the edges of the tears. PFCL was exchanged with silicone oil 5000cs as final tamponade. At six-months follow-up retina was attached and macular hole was repaired. Best-corrected visual acuity is 20/125 at present.