File number: 45618
Sign in to comment.
By Anfisa Ayalon, MD
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Co-author(s): Chemo Yitzchak, MD., Hadassah Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel.
- Uploaded on Dec 28, 2019.
- Last modified by Anfisa Ayalon, MD on Jan 6, 2020.
- Appears in
- vitreomacular traction (VMT), macular hole, stage 1 macular hole, flat retinoschisis, myopia
- Anfisa Ayalon,MD., Meir Medical Center, Kfar Saba, Israel.
- Imaging device
- Optical coherence tomography system
- A 42-year-old highly myopic patient presented to the retina clinic with complains of metamorphopsia in his RE for the past months. SD-OCT revealed RE vitreomacular traction with stage 1 macular hole (A-B) and flat myopic retinoschisis (C). Visual acuity in the same eye was 6/30. After 3 weeks of follow up spontaneous resolution of vitreomacular traction was seen with full resolution of the symptoms. (D-E). Visual acuity remained without significant change.