File number: 29165
Sign in to comment.
By Lancaster Course in Ophthalmology
- Uploaded on Feb 25, 2019.
- Last modified by Caroline Bozell on Mar 7, 2019.
- Appears in
- Unit 09 Pathology of the Retina
- retinal ischemia, edema, pyknosis, ganglion cell
- Inner retinal ischemia of central retinal artery occlusion. Early changes with edema and pyknosis of the nuclei of ganglion cells and inner aspect of the inner nuclear layer (left). With time, all of the inner retinal layers supplied by the central retinal artery disappear, including the nerve fiber, the ganglion cell, the inner plexiform layers, and the inner aspect of the inner nuclear layer (right).