File number: 28750
J. William Harbour, MD (January 31 2019)
A better term for this entity is "GROUPED congenital hypertrophy of the retinal pigment epithelium" or "Bear Tracks." This is different (and much more rare) than typical solitary congenital hypertrophy of the retinal pigment epithelium (CHPRE). It is also important to point out that neither this entity nor solitary CHRPE is associated with familial polyposis and Gardner syndrome.
Sign in to comment.
- By Prithvi Chandrakanth
- Uploaded on Dec 27, 2018.
- Last modified by Prithvi Chandrakanth on Feb 2, 2019.
- Appears in
- Fundus Photography
- retcam, smartphone fundus photography, bear tracks, congenital hypertrophy of the retinal pigment epithelium (CHRPE)
- Dr.Prithvi Chandrakanth, Dr.Chandrakanth Malabar Nethralaya, Kozhikode
- Imaging device
- Trash To Treasure Retcam - Smartphone Fundus Camers
- Male 43-years-old, BCVA BE 6/6, asymptomatic, Fundus RE multiple hyperpigmented circular/oval well defined lesions present inferonasally to the optic disc.