File number: 1746
Sign in to comment.
By Ronald C. Gentile, MD
The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai
- Uploaded on Oct 22, 2012.
- Last modified by Chayal Patel on Nov 20, 2012.
- Reviewed by Chayal Patel
- Appears in
- PVR retinal detachment with napkinring subretinal membrane
- proliferative vitreoretinopathy (PVR), subretinal bands
- The New York Eye & Ear Infirmary Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
- Histo-pathology of the subretinal bands revealed the presence of a fibrocellular membrane. The cells were predominately retinal pigment epithelium cells with myofibroblastic differentiation. Collagen deposition with occasional inflammatory cells and pigment were noted.