File number: 55962
Sign in to comment.
By Theodore Leng, MD, MS
Byers Eye Institute at Stanford University School of Medicine
- Uploaded on May 20, 2020.
- Last modified by Caroline Bozell on May 21, 2020.
- Appears in
- Retinal Avulsion due to Surfboard
- choroidal rupture, retinal avulsion, choroidal avulsion
- Imaging device
- Optical coherence tomography system
- 33-year-old male who sustained a surfboard to the left orbit with orbital fractures, choroidal rupture, nasally and retinal and choroidal avulsion nasally. He also had a horseshoe retinal tear superotemorally and a resultant rhegmatogenous retinal detachment. In this OCT image, you can see where the retina broke and nasal to this break, there is fluid under the choroid.