File number: 50754
Sign in to comment.
By Nisarg Joshi, MD
University of South Florida
Co-author(s): Jonathan Tsui, MD, Geisinger Medical Center; Ralph C Eagle, MD, Wills Eye Institute
- Uploaded on Feb 20, 2020.
- Last modified by Caroline Bozell on Feb 21, 2020.
- Appears in
- Bergmeister's Papillae, persistent fetal vasculature (PFV), hyaloid artery
- Nisarg Joshi, MD, Geisinger Medical Center
- Imaging device
- Digital camera
- Gross pathology photo of a Bergmeister Papilla. It is a remnant of incompletely resorbed hyaloid vasculature from ocular development. This glial tissue is seen emminating from the optic nerve, which also shows glaucomatous cupping. The eye was enucleated due to a choroidal melanoma.