File number: 28794
Sign in to comment.
By Rahul Komati, MD
University of Chicago
Co-author(s): Dimitra Skondra, MD/PhD, University of Chicago
- Uploaded on Jan 10, 2019.
- Last modified by Caroline Bozell on Jan 11, 2019.
- Appears in
- CMV retinitis in leukemia patient
- cytomegalovirus (CMV), CMV retinitis
- Pamela Hulvey, University of Chicago
- Imaging device
- 63-year-old male with history of plasma cell leukemia, presenting with photopsias and 20/25 vision. Fundus photograph shows superior area of retinitis, intraretinal hemorrhage, and vessel sclerosis. Retinitis regressed with systemic valganciclovir and 5 intravitreal foscarnet injections over 3 weeks.