File number: 28343
Sign in to comment.
By Gareth Lema, MD, PhD
New York Eye and Ear of Mount Sinai
- Uploaded on Jun 29, 2018.
- Last modified by Caroline Bozell on Jun 29, 2018.
- Appears in
- traumatic macular hole, blunt trauma
- Sandra Boglione, Ross Eye Institute, University at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine, Buffalo, NY
- Imaging device
Optical coherence tomography system
- Traumatic macular hole caused by the screw cap of a baby formula bottle. Pressure had built up in the container and propelled the cap into the patient's eye after she partially unscrewed it.