File number: 18559
Sign in to comment.
By Manish Nagpal, MD, FRCS (UK) ,FASRS
- Uploaded on Jun 30, 2014.
- Last modified by Caroline Bozell on Jun 30, 2014.
- Appears in
- intraocular foreign body, scar
- pooja barot, Optometrist, Retina Foundation, Ahmedabad
- Imaging device
- Fundus camera
- A patient came to us with raised intraocular pressure and normal visual acuity. He gave history of injury 2 years back with a iron particle while hammering a nail. On examination foreign body in the infero temporal region stuck in the retina with surrounding hypopigmented scarred area suggestive of resolved oedema and localised reaction. We operated the patient for vitrectomy and removed the IOFB along with laser barrage to the scarred area. The surgery and post operative recovery was uneventful.