File number: 18001
Sign in to comment.
By Mauricio Maia, MD, PhD
Federal University of Sao Paulo and Brazilian Institute of Fighting against Blindness
Co-author(s): Rodrigo Milan Navarro, Brazilian Institute of Fighting Against Blindness
- Uploaded on May 16, 2014.
- Last modified by Caroline Bozell on May 27, 2014.
- Appears in
- lutein, chromovitrectomy, internal limiting membrane (ILM) peeling
- Mauricio Maia, Federal University of São Paulo
- This video shows a new dye for vitreoretinal surgery comprised of soluble lutein/zeaxanthin 1% and brilliant blue 0.025 %. The green dye was deposited on the posterior pole; vigorous dye flushing into the vitreous cavity was unnecessary. The dye indirectly shows the posterior hyaloid by deposition of the golden lutein crystals. The ILM stained greenish-blue; No evidence of toxicity was observed.