File number: 1705
Sign in to comment.
By Ronald C. Gentile, MD
The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai
- Uploaded on Oct 22, 2012.
- Last modified by Chayal Patel on Nov 20, 2012.
- Reviewed by Chayal Patel
- Appears in
- Anterior ischemic optic neuropathy
- anterior ischemic optic neuropathy, choroidal ischemia, temporal arteritis
- The New York Eye & Ear Infirmary Department of Medical Imaging
- Imaging device
- Fundus camera
- 70-year-old women with acute loss of vision in the left eye. Review of symptoms was significant for temporal arteritis and ESR was very high. Fundus examination of the left eye had a swollen white optic nerve head with a few peri-papillary cotton wool spots.